The Alternative Giving Market of the Palouse is excited to announce a pilot program, Kids Give! for the 2012 Market.
What - AGMP community volunteers will help lead a classroom activity for up to 45
minutes in K-12 classrooms. Each classroom activity will give kids $50 to spend at the
Where – Kids Give will take place in 18 classrooms in K-12 classrooms throughout the
Moscow School District.
When - Classroom activities will take place the week of week of November 26 and the
week of December 3rd and all must be completed by December 8th.
How - The AGMP received a grant from the Office of Community Partnerships at
the University of Idaho to teach children about philanthropy and local nonprofits. The
Market will provide supporting materials, including shopping forms to support the
Goals of Kids Give!
1. To teach the value of philanthropy and everyone can make a difference;
2. To highlight the variety of non-profits in our community and raise awareness of
3. To demonstrate the impact non-profits have on the quality of life in our community.
What Kids Give! will provide the classroom and the teacher:
• $50 donation to shop the Market. Kids will work individually or in teams to select their
• Customized shopping lists for students to use with items ranging from $1-$10 and an
order form to complete for the activity.
• A letter to parents of children who participate to be sent home to explain AGMP and Kids
• A community volunteer to be present with in the classroom that is familiar with the non-
profit groups participating, to help answer any questions from the children and participate
or lead the activity, in conjunction with the teacher.
• A one-page evaluation form to be completed by the teacher and the community volunteer
following the activity.
• Gift cards for donations chosen will be mailed to the classroom teachers on Dec.11 to
distribute or use as they wish.
• The choice to teachers to customize the classroom activity to meet their classroom goals.
For more information or to discuss sponsoring a classroom, please email
Please help this program goal by choosing to support the Kids Give program on our Donate page for the Market.